These Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes are amazing. Lightly spiced with cinnamon and tossed with brown sugar and sweet maple syrup, they're a treat you don't want to miss.
You are going to love this sweet veggie dish! The sweet potatoes have a natural sweetness that only grows as it's cooked. Lightly charred, these air fryer potatoes have a tender inside and a light crispness to the outside. They're coated in cinnamon and then tossed with maple syrup and brown sugar for a delicious finish.
It's hard to remember that this is a vegetable when it tastes like a dessert. But this dish has lots of health benefits from the vitamins, minerals, and potassium in the sweet potatoes. Air frying is a very healthy cooking method, too, as it limits the oil used while still giving you that fantastic crispiness. Let's look at the ingredients you'll be using to make these Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes now.
What you'll need
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Grapeseed oil. Or avocado oil.
- Brown Sugar.
- Maple Syrup.
How to make Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into medium cubes.
2. Place them into a large mixing bowl and add oil and cinnamon. Mix well.
3. Transfer the seasoned potato cubes to an air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 400°F for about 10-14 minutes, or until they are cooked through and a nice char appears on the edges.
4. Once cooked, place the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl, and add brown sugar and maple syrup. Mix well and serve.
Tips for the best Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Cut them into medium-sized cubes. Keeping the sweet potato cubes to a uniform size that's not too big will ensure even and thorough cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer. Getting the air fryer up to temperature before adding the sweet potatoes will avoid them steaming at too low a temp, and instead getting nice and crispy.
- Fry them in a single layer. If the air fryer basket is overfull, the cubes will not fully cook as some will be blocked from the hot air that circulates. Keep them in one single layer.
- Toss them in a bowl for full coverage. Don't just drizzle the maple syrup and sprinkle on the brown sugar. Fully cover the sweet potato cubes by tossing everything together.
Add-ins and Substitutes
- Substitute white sugar. If you haven't got any brown sugar, you can also use white granulated sugar in its place. It just doesn't have the same rich flavor.
- Add some sea salt. For a sweet and salty combination, toss the sweet potatoes in some sea salt to balance with the sweetness.
- Add paprika. Add some smoky flavor to this dish with the addition of some paprika with the cinnamon.
- Bake them. If you haven't got an air fryer, you can still make this recipe by baking the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer in the oven. They just might not be as crisp.
How to Store
Store any leftovers of these Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can reheat them in the oven, air fryer, or microwave (although this method makes them a little soggy).
What to Serve with it
- Main dishes. Serve these as dessert after a meal of Black Bean Tacos, Mushroom Wellington, Creamy Vegan Spinach Orzo, or Vegan Black Bean Burgers.
- Vegetables. Enjoy these Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes with some green veggies like Steamed Asparagus, Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli Rabe with Garlic, or Garlic Roasted Okra.
- Desserts. Pair this sweet treat with some Vegan Banana Ice Cream, Hazelnut Chocolate Squares, Best Vegan Oatmeal Cookies, or 3-Ingredient Puffed Cereal Bars.
These Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes are such a delicious and fun dish to serve. They're sweet and crispy for the perfect healthy dessert to serve to friends and family. You'll love how easy it is to make this dish. And this is one sweet treat that you don't have to feel guilty about. It's packed with health benefits and cooked with almost no oil. I hope you love it as much as I do. Enjoy!
More tasty vegan air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes (about 2 medium ones)
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon or to taste
- ½ tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into medium cubes.
- Place them into a large mixing bowl and add oil and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Transfer the seasoned potato cubes to an air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 400°F for about 10-14 minutes, or until they are cooked through and a nice char appears on the edges.
- Once cooked, place the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl, and add brown sugar and maple syrup. Mix well and serve.