Creamy Lemon Spaghetti
This Creamy Lemon Spaghetti is full of delicious garlicky lemon flavor. With just a touch of heat, this pasta dish is perfectly seasoned and absolutely scrumptious.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
In a large pot, combine the garlic and olive oil and bring them to a gentle simmer. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes, until the garlic has softened and just started to brown.
Add the veggie broth to the garlic and bring it to a boil.
Now add the spaghetti, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Stir everything nicely, cover with a lid, and cook for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
At this point, add the spinach and cook for 1 more minute, until it wilts.
Finally, add the lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and parsley (some salt may be needed). Stir and serve.
- Use full-fat coconut milk. For the creamiest version of this spaghetti dish, use full-fat coconut milk or extra creamy oat milk. The richness of these milks will make your Creamy Lemon Spaghetti deliciously smooth.
- Check your salt. Since different broths use different amounts of salt, it's important to check yours to see if more salt should be added or if it's enough. You don't want to skimp on the flavor nor over-salt your spaghetti.
- Slice your garlic cloves. This recipe uses a lot of garlic because the flavors go so well with it. Slicing the cloves instead of mincing makes it easier for them to get soft and brown, letting off more aroma and taste when you serve this.
How to Store Leftover Pasta
The best way to store any leftover Creamy Lemon Spaghetti is by placing it in an airtight container and refrigerating it. This dish will stay fresh for up to 4 days. To reheat it, just place the pasta in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for a few minutes. Or you could warm it back up on the stovetop, with a little coconut milk to add creaminess if the spaghetti has absorbed a lot of the sauce.
Calories: 707kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 1001mg | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4579IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 6mg