These Crispy Cauliflower Bites are spicy, crunchy, and so flavorful. You can serve up this easy recipe as a side or topping, with a dip or in a salad - it's delightfully versatile.
These Crispy Cauliflower Bites are so tasty, you just have to try them. Battered and tossed in Panko, which gives them the most delicious crunch, these cauliflower pieces are double baked and sauced. Two rounds in the oven give them so much texture. And the Buffalo-style sauce is made with your favorite hot sauce and vegan butter so it's creamy and mildly spicy. So easy and yummy!
This recipe is really versatile, too. Crispy Cauliflower Bites can be made in the oven or air fryer, keeping them crisp but still healthy. You can also freeze them for later if you want to make a double batch to keep on hand. These cauliflower bites work great as a side or topping, and I just love dipping them as a snack. Try them any way you like and see how the flavors spice up your family's meals. Let's talk about their ingredients.
What you'll need
- Flour Mixture. Flour, oat milk, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Panko Bread Crumbs. Panko bread crumbs are going to take the crunch to the next level. Skip regular bread crumbs.
- Hot Sauce. Use your favorite hot sauce. I used Carolina Gold sauce by Underwood Ranches. I love their products, and use them in many recipes. Their Spicy BBQ Sauce is really great!
- Plant Butter. We'll mix together hot sauce and melted plant butter, for luxurious texture and flavor.
How to Make Crunchy Cauliflower Bites
1. Make the Batter. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and oat milk. You'll want to have a mixture that reminds you of the consistency of pancake batter. Use extra milk if needed.
2. Dredge the Cauliflower. Add the cauliflower pieces to the bowl and coat them with the flour mixture nicely, using a spoon or your hands.
3. Cover with Panko. Place the Panko bread crumbs into a medium bowl and roll the cauliflower pieces in it until fully coated.
4. Bake. Place the coated cauliflower onto a large, parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F.
5. Make the Sauce. While the cauliflower is in the oven, make the sauce by mixing the hot sauce and melted butter together.
6. Add the Sauce and Bake Again. Remove the cauliflower bites from the oven and drizzle with the hot sauce mixture. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
How to serve these Cauliflower Bites
As Is. Just garnish them with parsley and enjoy.
With a dip. I LOVE dipping these in vegan mayo! Other great dipping sauces are Avocado Crema, Yum-Yum Sauce, and Cilantro Lime Sauce.
In tacos. Add these to your tacos along with your favorite taco toppings.
On top of your salad. These cauliflower bites add a delicious crunch and can really spice up a salad.
As a side. These would pair perfectly on the side of your favorite dishes.
How to make these in the air fryer
This recipe can be adjusted to the air fryer. I suggest making half of the recipe, so the pieces are not too crowded in the air fryer basket. Cook first at 375°F for 10 minutes. Then add the sauce and return them to the air fryer for 5 more minutes.
How to Store and Reheat them
You can store these Crispy Cauliflower Bites in the refrigerator in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 4-5 days. Reheat them in the oven on a baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes so they become crispy again. Avoid using the microwave because this causes the batter to become soggy.
Can these be frozen?
Yes, they can be frozen if you flash freeze them and then bake them straight from the freezer. First, place the cooled Cauliflower Bites on a baking sheet, not touching, and freeze for an hour. Then place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer until you're ready to serve. When you're ready, place them on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven at 375°F for 15 minutes.
These Crispy Cauliflower Bites are full of flavor and deliciously crunchy. You'll love serving them as a snack, side, or topping with some of your favorite dishes. This easy recipe makes it a snap!
More tasty veggie-packed recipes:
- Cauliflower Steaks with Chermoula Sauce
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Easy Fajita Vegetables
- Simple Roasted Broccoli
- Fail-Proof Vegan Mayo
Crispy Cauliflower Bites
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. plant butter, melted
- ⅓ cup your favorite hot sauce (more in notes section)
For the Batter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup oat milk (or more, if needed)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and oat milk. You'll want to have a mixture that reminds you of the consistency of pancake batter. Use extra milk if needed.
- Add the cauliflower pieces to the bowl and coat them with the flour mixture nicely, using a spoon or your hands.
- Place the Panko bread crumbs into a medium bowl and roll the cauliflower pieces in it until fully coated.
- Place the coated cauliflower onto a large, parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, make the sauce by mixing the hot sauce and melted butter together.
- Remove the cauliflower bites from the oven and drizzle with the hot sauce mixture. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
Ellen Fivenson says
How would I adapt. Recipe for keto- like diet? I would probably be able to sub almond flour for regular but Panko breadcrumbs? Otherwise, sounds easy and scrumptious....
Tania Sheff says
Hi Ellen! I am not familiar with all of the concepts of keto diet, so I can't advise here. Sorry. Let me know which substitutions you used, if you ever try it.
I hardly ever leave comments on recipes, even though I know I should, but I made these tonight to go with vegan Reubens and they were a huge hit with my family and something I could have never come up with on my own. I'll be bookmarking your site and exploring more of your recipes!
Tania Sheff says
Wow! That's so nice to hear! Thank you so much, Tara!
Reva Hancock-Wiley says
All are yummy. I woll definitely save and try...THANKS
Tania Sheff says
Thank you so much, Reva!