Puffed Cereal Bars
These 3-Ingredient Puffed Cereal Bars are simple, convenient, and so tasty. Made with just a few flavorful ingredients, you can try them with endless variations and make them ahead to save time.
Servings 6 squares
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups puffed millet (or quinoa, rice, oats)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Mix well.
Add the puffed cereal of your choice and mix again.
Line a 6x9 (or similar size) dish with parchment paper and transfer the cereal into it.
Press the mixture down with spoon or a cup, to make sure it sticks together nicely.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours and then cut it into squares. Enjoy!
Tips for the best Puffed Cereal Bars
- Mix in the puffed cereal last. Combining the other ingredients first makes it easier to fully mix it. The cereal should go in after everything is thoroughly combined for even distribution.
- Press the mixture into the pan. This step ensures that the Puffed Cereal Bars are dense and hold together. Otherwise, they'll break apart when you try to cut them.
- Don't skip the refrigeration. While you can eat them as is, the refrigeration will harden this snack so you can cut them into bar shapes for serving or wrapping for later.
Variations on this recipe
If you want to make these 3-ingredient Puffed Cereal Bars more elaborate, try any of these for a flavorful addition:
- Chocolate- Dark, white, or milk chocolate chips add extra sweetness.
- Nuts- Pecans, walnuts, almonds, or cashews for a nutty crunch.
- Fruit- Dates, raisins, cranberries, dried cherries, or others.
- Seeds- Chia, sesame, flax, or pepitas can be added.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg