– 1 small cabbage head
– 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into large pieces
– 5 tbsp. plant butter or olive oil
– 1 tbsp. onion powder
– 1 tbsp. garlic powder
– 1 tbsp. paprika
– ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
– 1 tsp. salt
– rosemary or other fresh herbs, to garnish
3. Place the cabbage upside down on a large cast-iron skillet or a baking dish. Using a spoon, spread about three tablespoons of the spiced butter along the inside walls where the core used to be. It's okay if some dribbles out.
6. After the hour, remove the foil and flip the cabbage core-side down. Brush the cabbage with the remaining spiced butter. Return the skillet to the oven and bake for another 25 minutes, or until the cabbage has browned nicely and cooked through.