– 2 lbs. mushrooms crimini or baby bella – 5 tbsp. olive oil – 5 garlic cloves, minced – ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes – ½ tsp. salt – 13.5 oz. coconut cream – 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1. Cut off the stems of the mushrooms and then dice them into ½-inch cubes.
2. In a large saucepan or pot, pour the oil and then saute the mushrooms over medium-high heat, stirring as they simmer. Cook until they are a deep brown color.
3. Now add the minced garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
4. Then add in the coconut milk and nutritional yeast. Stir everything together until well-combined. Serve hot with your favorite dishes and sides.
Brown the mushrooms. Browned mushrooms bring extra flavor to the sauce so this is a vital step.
Don't skip the nutritional yeast. This ingredient adds a lot of flavor to this sauce, a nutty, cheesy flavor.
To store this Vegan Mushroom Sauce, pour it into a container with a tight lid and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This Vegan Mushroom Sauce is healthy, easy, and absolutely delicious. With mouthwatering, savory flavors, you'll love adding it to all your favorite dishes.