– 8 oz. pasta (I used casarecce) – 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, sliced – 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half – 3 garlic cloves, minced – 2 oz. baby spinach – ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste – ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste – ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and start cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
2. In a large skillet, cook the mushrooms in olive oil for 5 minutes, until they start to brown.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender and release their juices.
4. Add spinach, pasta, and about a ¼ cup of pasta water to the tomatoes, and keep cooking until the spinach is wilted. Use more pasta water, if necessary.
There are so many ways that you can vary up this recipe. Change up the type of pasta or noodles that you use so it looks different and has a different texture every single time.
You can also add tofu to give it an even bigger punch of protein.
You're going to love the texture and taste of this simple pasta recipe. It's hearty, it's delicious, and it's one of the best vegan comfort food dishes, ever.
In about 25 minutes of time, this Tomato Mushroom Spinach Pasta will be ready and waiting. Pair this easy pasta recipe up with a side salad for a complete meal.