– 2 tbsp. olive oil – 1 large onion, diced – 3 garlic cloves, minced – 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and diced – 1 tbsp. chipotles in Adobo sauce – 1 tbsp. paprika – ½ tbsp. cumin powder – 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained – 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained – 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained – ½ tbsp. dark cocoa powder optional – 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes – 1 ½ cup veggie broth – 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste – ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste
1. In a large pot, cook the onion in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat, until it just starts to turn golden.
2. To the onion, add garlic, jalapenos, chipotles in Adobo sauce, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Now add the tomato sauce, beans, and cacao powder. Stir everything well.
4. At this point, add the veggie broth and stir again.
5. Bring everything to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve.
You can store this Three Bean Chili in the refrigerator for 5-6 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
This Three Bean Chili is a delicious and filling vegan meal that will really warm you up. Made with chipotles, spices, and veggies, it has the perfect mix of flavor and heat.