1. Wash and pat the potatoes dry. Poke some holes around the potatoes with a fork.
2. In a shallow dish, mix 2 tablespoons of salt with ½ cup of water. Now submerge the potatoes in this salty brine.
3. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for about 50-70 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. To check if the potatoes and done, just use a toothpick and poke the potato. If it goes in easily, the potatoes are ready for the next step.
4. Brush the potatoes with some olive oil and then return them to the oven for about 10 minutes.
5. Take the potatoes out and slice them open (I keep one of my oven mitts on to hold the potato while cutting). Fluff the insides with a fork and top with a slice of vegan butter, salt, and freshly ground pepper.