– 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes or other kind
– 2 tbsp. plant butter
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– ⅓ tsp. salt or to taste
– ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste
– 1 tsp. garlic powder or to taste
– ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a generous amount of salt. Cook the potatoes until they are soft (around 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size). Drain the water and place the potatoes on a large baking sheet.
To store any leftovers, place the Garlic Smashed Potatoes in an airtight container once cooled, laying some parchment paper between each layer to keep them from sticking together. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.