– 2 medium cauliflower heads – 2 tbsp. olive oil – ¼ tsp. salt or to taste – ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste For Chermoula Sauce – 1 cup chopped parsley – 1 cup chopped cilantro – ½ cup olive oil – ¼ cup lemon juice – 4 garlic cloves, minced – 3 tsp. cumin powder – 2 tsp. paprika powder – ½ tsp. coriander powder – ½ tsp. salt – ⅛ tsp. cayenne optional
1. Cut off the bottom stem end from the cauliflower so that you create a flat base. Resting the cauliflower on the stem, use a large, sharp knife to trim away the sides, then cut the remaining head into 2 or 3 1-inch “steaks,” depending on the size of your cauliflower.
2. Heat up the oil in a large, oven-proof skillet, and add the cauliflower "steaks." Season them with salt and pepper to taste and fry for about 3 minutes on each side, until slightly browned.
3. Transfer the skillet to a preheated 400°F oven and bake for 15 minutes. In the meantime, make the Chermoula sauce.
4. To make the sauce, just place all of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and spread a generous amount of Chermoula sauce on each "steak." Serve hot.
To store any leftover Cauliflower Steaks with Chermoula Sauce, just place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator once they have cooled. They will stay fresh for about 4-5 days.
These Cauliflower Steaks with Chermoula Sauce are hearty and delicious. Browned and roasted, then served with a flavorfully spiced sauce, this recipe is too tasty to miss.